The question that everybody is asking, how do you know what car dealer to trust? Which car dealer is best to do business with? Here are some tips when you find yourself searching for the best used car dealer and avoid scams.
1. Car Dealer Reputation: This is probably the most important factor in selecting a car dealer. Buying a used car with fair, honest and accommodating car dealers is easy as long as you find a reputable dealership. You should check with the local Better Business Bureau at www.BBB.org for car dealers that have had numerous complaints. It is always a good idea to ask relatives and friends for car dealers they have done business with.
2. Car Dealer Services: Finding the best car dealers should not be the only factor to consider. Make sure the services the car dealers offer are a full line of services like the following:
* Full Service Department – Most car dealers provide express maintenance and service appointments to its customers.
* Financing Available – Some dealers extend their services by handling or providing assistance with the availability of financing.
* Service Specials – Each car dealership has customer service discounts. Special service rates may vary depending on the name, location, other benefits, and negotiations.
* Extended Warranty – Some car dealers offer free extended car warranties when you purchase used cars or service and examine vehicles from them.
3. Good Selection of Various Prices: Most people assume that the price you pay is for the whole vehicle. This is not the case when doing business with car dealers.There are other things to remember such as taxes, doc fee and license.
Most dealerships include “add-ons” that may include window etching, entertainment systems, CD changers, paint protector products, rustproofing, car interior accessories and many more. Some dealers may try and force the customers into purchasing them usually install the add-ons.
If these additional accessories that is important to you, great. However, if you prefer to purchase the car without accessories, check to see the car you want to buy includes add-ons, don’t pay for things you don’t want.
Extra fees such as dealer handling and dock fees (lingo) are charged to set up a used car for sale, maintaining the car and preparing needed documents for the car sale. These extra fees could be negotiated since all of these services would only provide additional profit for the dealer.
Aside from a respectful, dignified and honest dealer, consider these factors in choosing the best car dealer. You may be purchasing a used car, but by looking for the best person to assist you, it will lead to a good investment and a good dealer experience.