When it comes to buying a car there are many things that you need to know if you want to spend your money wisely. I have put together these car buy tips to help you navigate your way through the maze of tricks, traps and scams. If you make a mistake when you purchase a vehicle it is something that you may have to pay for and regret for many years.
Go through these car buy tips before you visit the car dealer and you will be miles ahead of most people that buy cars and overspend by hundreds or thousands of dollars. Take some time now and you will save a lot of money, time and aggravation later.
Car Buy Tips and Information
As you read through these buying a car tips you will see links that will take you to posts for a more thorough and complete explanation.
1. Being prepared before you make a trip to the car dealership is your best defense. Whether you have your eye on a certain make and model of car or not you should start by spending some time online researching and doing your homework according to these car buy tips.
2. The auto dealer and car salesman use a car buying process to move you through the steps of selling you a car. These steps are designed to make the process smooth and natural, but each step has a purpose and that purpose to get you to buy a car today. (Don’t forget about When to Buy a Car)
3. Get some prices before going to the car lot. You can get new car prices from 3 or 4 dealers in your area at one time for free and without any obligation. I recommend you click here (new window) Yahoo! Autos and get your Free quotes sent to your email.
These quotes are very competitive and an important part of the car buy tips because you have up to 4 dealers competing for you business without even talking to them. Get your Free Quotes NOW!…Yahoo! Autos and save time and money by not having to spend hours negotiating.
4. Whenever you buy a car there are always extra car dealer fees that most people don’t realize until they are in the middle of buying a car. These car buy tips are about being prepared so make sure you are aware of the tax, title, license, documentation fee and dealer prep fee. These can wreak havoc on your budget if you are not prepared.
5. If you have a trade-in be sure and do some research about the true value of your old vehicle. This is one of easiest ways for the dealership to make an extra profit and it could amount as much as a thousand dollars or more depending on your trade in.
6. During your time at the car lot and especially during negotiations and the paperwork you may have auto buying questions. There are several questions to ask when buying a car. Be sure to click on the link for the questions you have and what you must know before you have any decisions you will regret.
7. If you are financing you new car this is one of the most important of the car buy tips. The dealer can make more money on your financing and car payment than they do on the vehicle itself. Hard to believe, but it is true. This is one of the most common car dealer scams and there are many so make sure you see the link for more car buying scams.
8. If you want a step by step plan for buying a new car you can see the steps to buying a car which will help you move through the car buying experience without a scratch.
9. You should also be aware of the car dealer tricks that are used to make more profit. Car buy tips can really help you avoid overspending, but you should know about the possible tricks and techniques. You will want to check out: Do I Buy Extended Car Warranty.
10. Make absolutely sure that you know what you are signing because you can’t return a car if you change your mind. There are no take backs. At this point in the car buy tips you should be armed with all information you need to buy a vehicle and avoid any car scams (if you read the buying a car tips linked posts).
Buying a car is not to be taken lightly, it is a legal contract and an obligation. Do your research and be prepared and you will be fine after going through these car buy tips. If you are buying a used car you should check out the used car buying checklist.
Don’t forget about the Questions to Ask When Buying a Car!